Atlantean Network

U N I T E - T O - F I G H T

It is currently Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:38 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Re: Raid Points Progress - Suggestions Please
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 2:15 pm 
Leader

Main Character: Saavick
Noooes not my Storage Devices, they're part of my secret plan to rule the worl... errr... yeah...

Maybe points should be awarded then for the raffle-only raids to give more people a motivation to come join them. As long as there are raids with the option to spend your raidpoints that you worked for on the loot that you want to have, regardless if the raidleaders consider it phat or not, I'm okay with it really. Or make some raids with the points/raffle construction that is now proposed and some other raids fully points based.

Either way, if an item is indeed unpopular, it will still be effectively usually raffled even with a full points system (if noone wants to make a bid). So in most cases this doesn't make these raids unfriendlier to people with not much time to raid or people who recently joined. It just gives people that want it badly and have worked for it, the option to spend their points on it if they don't want to risk the gamble of a raffle.
It's the guarantee to be able to get what you want with some certainty that people are looking for, it doesn't mean that everyone with high points will immediately jump on all the azure and proactive and the hollow island swimming rings.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:08 pm 
Super Admin

Main Character: Gorgin04
I really don't see what's wrong with having both raffle and points in one raid. And I really don't see what's the big deal about people needing to spend points on every single item. It doesn't matter how you get the item, it's still the same item. Even though you might say you won't spend points on an item you can buy, not everyone has cash to spend. Especially Froobs who would be more likely to spend it on stuff like Yuttos NCU. That's another reason Atlantean is what it is, it helps people who would not be able to get the item otherwise. Sure you might say people will still join the raffle for social, but that's where your personal responsibility comes as a Raid Leader/Admin. A 220 doesn't need Proactive. A 220 doesn't need PoP, there are plenty of better choices. Ask him nicely enough to leave the raffle and let someone who really needs it join, unless he needs it for an alt. You are the one who's supposed to keep the bot in shape. Don't leave all the work to the mechanics of the game or the bot.

The first time we decided to add points, we already had said we would only auction Superloot. I don't see why we should change our minds at the last minute. I'm still against the whole idea of a separate raffle only and points only raids, although I still think it's a decent alternative. And if we decide to have those separate raids, people shouldn't get points in raffle only raids. If it's raffle only, it should be done old school Atlantean style.

Poll plz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:49 pm 
Site Admin

Main Character: Nenat
Gorgin wrote:
In all honesty, if Atlantean turns into an auction only point farm bot, I won't raid with it anymore.

Same. Not that i will take it down, or stop putting effort into it.. but i won't be raiding much on it.

Depreacher wrote:
We are a raid bot now not a social bot with whatever consequences that brings.

/slap. At this moment, very true, but i've been putting work into creating that bot network allready which doesn't just give the possibility for more raids.. but returning the main intention of beeing a social bot. That will never go, even though it's not so much possible to be a social bot at this time.

Depreacher wrote:
We are and always were a zergbot. Only now we are a fair zergbot.

/slap. We have never been a zergbot. We will never be a zergbot. We are becoming a zergbot. Plans and work has been allready made to make sure we don't stay a zergbot.

Saavick wrote:
A viable option IMO would be to have raids where all loot is raffled and no points awarded and to have raids where points are given and all loot can be bid on.

+1. At the moment we are ticking points for every raid out there, and that should be thrown out of the windows at some times. The idea of a no-points raffle and points bid raid, offering that to the people, defenitly is interesting. Like Warforcer mentioned before along those lines, additional pure raffle raids too or something like that.

Gorgin wrote:
But it's still a separation, and any separation in any social atmosphere will promote 'clique forming'.

Nah, i think the people getting points will see it as a cool and fresh idea to have weekly pure-raffle raids for example. But thats something we gotta test for a while and see offcourse.

Rain wrote:
I think that many raffle-only raids are not going to happen since mainly lower level people without points would join those.. well, plus the usual suspects.

I know of quite a few 220's who told me they very much liked the raffle-raids we had in the past, cause they got a little sick of all the bots with points. So, i don't think you gotta be scared about that.

Gorgin wrote:
That's another reason Atlantean is what it is, it helps people who would not be able to get the item otherwise.

That is indeed the exact idea the bot started out with, which gathered this huge amount of people. And NOT the points, points just got them active again. But they still love that idea of helping out, and i do not want to see that leave indeed.

Gorgin wrote:
Don't leave all the work to the mechanics of the game or the bot.

<3. So true. I suddenly get questions "this doesn't work, fix that, make this.." ..hell people, where did you social skills go. Social skills are a REQUIREMENT for any Leader+ rank. If you don't have it, you can go find yourself another jerkmass. No offense though, you all have it who are Leader+ now, some of you should just use it a bit more. Include the people, you don't run the bot.. the people do.

Gorgin wrote:
..it should be done old school Atlantean style.

<3.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:27 am 
Super Admin

Main Character: Jensenberg
I ... have to admit ..... I kinda like the idea.
Raffle only raids where everything is raffled, but everyone gains points plus auction only raids where you can't gain but spend them again sounds good to me.

superior skill.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:54 pm 
Leader

Main Character: Saavick
That wasn't the idea as I wrote it, but it's interesting too. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:45 am 
Super Admin

Main Character: Jensenberg
Saavick wrote:
Maybe points should be awarded then for the raffle-only raids to give more people a motivation to come join them.

Well, thats how I understood it.

superior skill.