[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
Atlantean Network • View topic - What happened to the raids?

Atlantean Network

U N I T E - T O - F I G H T

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:54 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: What happened to the raids?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:01 pm 
Super Admin

Main Character:
Seriously, why has everyone stopped leading? I know Dep is busy with his org stuff, he warned us in advance. But why has everyone else stopped? When points first came we were doing 2-4 raids every day. Now if we get 2-4 raids in a week we're lucky. Why? The bot is a social raidbot. Not a strictly social bot or a substitute for lft. We are supposed to raid. Yes I know I haven't been raiding as much as I used to lately. That's because of my rl. It's very stressful right now and I'm avoiding any extra unnecessary added stress. I'm also very busy and don't have much time for AO, except on weekends and evenings.

Anyways the point is I want Rls and Admins to honour the position they were given. You were trusted by the members as well as your fellow leaders and Admin to do exactly that. The bot is dying again. This time I don't think I have the spare energy to pick it back up on my own.

Depressing.

Post subject: Re: What happened to the raids?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:41 pm 
Leader

Main Character:
Unlike other bots, Atlantean doesn't raid targets that drop endgame loot. We mostly raid things that are of interest to a specific, small, group. Like BioDome is mainly of interest to Crats/MPs, Mercenaries mostly for froobs, APF only for those with AI.
This doesn't provide the urge to raid daily, but it's something you do for fun. When a lot of people want a raid, I love to lead that raid.
When the points system was introduced, people were en masse signing in on the bot and asking for raids. If only one person asks for a raid and the rest is busy, or only myself needs an item, the rallying and begging people to come tank/heal/pull/dd is takes so long that the people who wanted the raid in the first place have to log or have gone done something else already.

Maybe we should schedule raids, like I do for froob200. We agree on a rally a few days before, it's announced on a forum and there's a viewable timer on the botchannel etc, to make sure you have the vital professions and you have enough interested people to come and join.
We'd have to experiment a bit with how often we'd want to raid, like 3 times a week or every 2 weeks or so, but I think scheduled rallies are maybe the way to go with non-lootdriven funraids.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:31 am 
Super Admin

Main Character:
Scheduled raids sound like an interesting idea.

For the rest...
People can suggest any raid, the bot is not limited to RK.
People simply dont suggest a DB raid although they could.

Not raiding the real endgame stuff has never been our problem.
Not raiding at all is our problem.

superior skill.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:48 pm 
Super Admin

Main Character:
Stylish as this forum is, we really should use it for.. well, something.

PS: I miss the old times.

superior skill.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 6:37 pm 
Site Admin

Main Character:
Actually.. i totally agree.

I feel like vamping something back up again, not sure. I'm up for ideas, so.. if you've got an idea lemme know ;).