[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions_content.php on line 696: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Atlantean Network • View topic - Raid Points Progress - Suggestions Please

Atlantean Network

U N I T E - T O - F I G H T

It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:01 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Raid Points Progress - Suggestions Please
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:00 pm 
Leader

Main Character:
Currently we have been raffling NO DROP items and auctioning YES DROP as there is a cash value on most yes drop goods.

Of course Fly Specs will be auctioned.

I like the .1 point every 10 minutes but if you want to update the number of points then please multiply everyones points up or you will wipe out the 2-3 hours raiding everyone has already done.

Any more ideas / suggestions?

Post subject: Re: Raid Points Progress - Suggestions Please
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:05 pm 
Site Admin

Main Character:
Offcourse the amount of points you get per time-unit can be modified on the running bot. But i guess time will tell, and see what everyone else thinks about it.

What i've seen on the Kapf raids was 3 points for a raid which took like.. 1 hour? If we put the points/time too high it'll be a double or triple of that compared, that doesn't sound right..

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:17 pm 
Super Admin

Main Character:
Rawr Atlantean is crazy active since the new points test started. Right now the biggest problem we have is not enough people leading raids lol. I mean geez, 2 teams for Hags? The only problem I've been hearing from people is that the point tick is just too low. Right now I think it's .1 every minute cause Hags the raid was unpaused for something like 16 minutes and we got 1.6 points. The tick isn't so much the problem, except people think you can only bid in mutiples of 1. But you can bid .1 points I think cause Activ won the MNTA with 6.8 points. The highest I'd want to see the tick is .2 per minute. Anything higher and the bot will just get saturated with points. And worst yet, it might just be a certain few who have all the points *cough cough*.

Other thing is, all raids should not be points/time. For something like BD, where the most you would spend killing is 20 minutes, 2 points is not enough for such a kill. So we were talking about it, and people seemed to have agreed that a 4 point reward is ok. But only if the tick is raised. If it stays the same, then 2 points is what I'm giving, maybe 3 at the most.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:27 pm 
Leader

Main Character:
Hags were about 16 minutes, a Biodome is about the same once you get started then you usually do 2 or 3 consecutively which is 50 minutes or 5 points.

I dont see there being any more or less effort in hags or biodome, yall just go in and hit q :p

It should just be the time you spend raiding. Unless your attendance is low and you want to boost numbers. Items will find their value in points whether it is .1 /min or .2 /min a HNTA will cost 70 or 140 points for example.

It was mentioned yesterday by War that a schedule would be good, i agree with that.

There is some confusion over what items we raffle or auction, that needs sorting out, maybe a list by raid.

Post subject: Point suggestion for the Atlantean Bot Network
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:37 am 
Leader

Main Character:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:17 pm 
Leader

Main Character:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:17 pm 
Super Admin

Main Character:
I think the point was to not make Atlantean a strictly bid only bot. Raffle was supposed to stay. It doesn't matter whether you win by bid or raffle, at the end of the day it will still be the same item that you need to finish your set up. The raffle should stay for the ones that need those not-so-popular items and don't have the time to point farm. Setting everything to bid seems to go against everything that I think Atlantean used to be. It will just turn into another point farm bot. Deleting should never happen. That's a waste of an item. If no one wants it, set it FFA and let it rot. There is no benefit from deleting it instead of letting it rot. But there is a benefit in letting it stay on the corpse. Maybe someone has a lowbie alt that can use/needs the item. Maybe even someone not at the raid needs the item. Letting an outsider loot is better than deleting it.

As for the points/time thing, I think I'm starting to agree on what Dep said. You get what you put into the raid. Of course some kills should be more rewarding than others, but saturating the bot with points, especially since it will definitely be a certain group of people that will get most of the points, is not a good idea either. All you need to do is put a note somewhere that you can bid in .1 values. Hm actually I'll add that in News right now. With that feature implemented currently, the points we get right now are good. Maybe a slightly higher tick would be better. But this is still just a test period, so I think we should test for a bit longer.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 2:47 pm 
Leader

Main Character:
If you really want to seperate popular and unpopular items, maybe a bid with no points is an option (!bid 0). If noone else wants it then the bidder gets it for free but if more than one person wants it, you still get it as usual based on your made effort in previous raids with awarded raid points since you can outbid eachother.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 4:52 pm 
Site Admin

Main Character:
What Gorgin said. No pure bidding, keep the raffle, make the bid list, but we're working on that in another topic so thats a plus.

But please study the damn commands before you raid you nubs :P

<3

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 10:43 am 

Main Character:
Raids is a team effort. So just because I can be online most of the time dosen't mean that I have more right to the stuff than the ones that can't. I hope raffle is used as often as possible. If I set my mind on one thing, it's mine since I got loads of points, but the others effort made it possible to get it.
Just because you can be online a few hours a week dosen't make your effort less valuble